Monday, February 9, 2009

Miles and Miles...



























...of Miles.

Miles is one of the biggest cats I've ever seen and he belongs to my son Eben and his wife Tracey. Here he is soaking up some sunshine and affection last week from Tracey and two of my grandkids, Calvin and Cecilia.
If you ever forget how to relax, find a cat lying in the sun and take notes.

I found this old poem that I wrote many many many moons ago, when my sons Eben and Andy were little tots, before my other three children were born. It was written on an afternoon very much like this one - a crystal cold blue sky day with wind and bright sunshine.




winter
windy
afternoon
my sons are napping
still
two cats have found
shapes of sunlight
slowly stretching
as they shift
with the hours
of this
windy
winter
afternoon

2 comments: