Wednesday, November 26, 2008

December Open Studio




The Mother of the Bride Wears Beige/Self, 2008


Self-portrait Door


The Artist Studio building will be open for First Friday Artwalk, December 5th, from 5-9pm! We usually do 2 First Fridays a year, but did not do one in this past spring. So if you want to see what goes on behind that mysterious (and on any other day locked) door, now's your chance! Everyone is busy cleaning their studios and new work is being hung in the halls. Exciting!

I found a way to exhibit some of the various outer elements that I struggled with while making my the The Mother of The Bride Wears Beige/Self piece - it fits together rather nicely on this wall in the studio hallway...


And this is my self-portrait door, always a work in progress! (You can see that my collage/self found it's way onto the door...)


If you're in the area, plan to stop by! Our open studio's are a blast!

2 comments:

artslice said...

Wow, your MOB self portrait turned out great... especially in the religious style frame you made! I really likee the whole presentation... just wish I could see all the details in person.

martha miller said...

Thanks, Brenda! I wish you could beam yourself over for our open house - it would be fun to meet you and you would really enjoy the artists in my building!