Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Just Don't Know...



I get going on these things and go way over the top. I love the over the topness of Mexican Retablos...
But I'm starting to feel lost. Is this where I really need/want to go? Is it simply a form of play? Or compulsion? Agh. Too much stuff. I get to this point and either want to take a match to it or start painting everything black...

Once again, welcome to my process.
I'm sweaty and tired of being in my un-airconditioned studio. I might just submit the drawing and to heck with the whole frame idea!!!

2 comments:

Bill Sharp said...

I don't know what to say about the frame but I really love the portrait.

martha miller said...

thanks, bill!!!

that helps!! i'm just submitting the portrait! sometimes i have to mess around in my studio making stuff before i can move ahead clearly.

process
process

i'll end up using the frame pieces in another piece somehow, either as material or as idea...