Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Creation of Eve




The first pic is of a watercolor that I own by Maine Artist Alan Crichton. We did a trade many moons ago. The Creation of Eve (early 90's). Isn't it wonderful? Wish I'd painted it! I adore Eve's moss green pubic hair and I love the amorphous quality of the figures with certain body parts rendered specifically, like Adam's penis, and Eve's breast...

And look at God! A sort of see through rainbow spirit figure appearing for a moment in that boat, unleashing Eve like he's simply blown a bubble out of his staff...
Adam and Eve are so happy to meet each other! They look so vulnerable...

Boy, what they are in for.

And staying on topic, I just found this recent piece by Crichton on-line, called
Eve's Moon, 2005, charcoal and pastel on paper. Beautiful. Love the tangled jungle of figures.

No comments: