Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Guardians














In a sad stroke of synchronicity yesterday, my phone rang while I was working on these pieces in my studio. It was Lisbeth's one-on-one helper calling to tell me that Lisbeth had just had another bad fall during a seizure. I quickly yanked off my painting apron and told them I'd meet them at the emergency room. Evidently Lis had one of her "no warning" grand mal seizures where she goes down like a felled tree. These are the worst - no bending at the knees, no initial crying out, just BOOM. Straight down. She and her helper were in the kitchen about to make some banana bread, when Lis crashed into the refrigerator door, face first.


She's banged up but OK. Breaks my heart what she endures.


After getting Lisbeth back home and comfortable, I headed back to my studio and worked on these paintings even more prayerfully.

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

I'm sorry Lisbeth is having such a rough time. The paintings are beautiful. She'll like them!

Susan Beauchemin said...

Oh no--Sorry to hear that she fell and such a hard fall.

martha miller said...

Hi Karen and Sue!

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, Lisbeth has a tough row to hoe. She's been sleeping it off, though, and has not been in any pain! Sometime's I think it's harder on those around her...

xo