Friday, May 14, 2010

MECAmarathon!




Room 402, the classroom I where I teach Mixed Media Portraiture, transformed!





Photo by Lynelle Wilson

Photo by Lynelle Wilson

Photo by Lynelle Wilson

Photo by Lynelle Wilson

Photo by Lynelle Wilson

















Candace Karu in a dress of her own design. LOVE it!!!

WHEW! What a night!
I hung my portraits, set up my supplies, had time to click just a few *before the crowds arrived* pics, then started my portrait drawing marathon! Drew straight through the party, from 6:30 - 9:30, non-stop. It was a blast! Didn't get home till almost midnight (I actually slept till 9:00 this morning - unheard of for me! :^)
I'll write more about this event later - I'm heading up the coast to teach a class at the Farnsworth Museum in Rockland this afternoon!

11 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Spectacular! The portrait of the couple...amazing!

Unknown said...

Your portraits are huge! ....especially for the time allotted..you must work with fantastic energy. I love the bold colors and lines, the spot on likenesses...wish I could have been there. And the food looks pretty substantial, too. :-)

Brad Gailey said...

I can only wonder at the energy you have to do something like this! Bravo.

Brad

martha miller said...

Thankyou, Blue Sky! That couple was so sweet - he is a composer and she is an artist (she printed her beautiful scarf) and they are coming up on their 50th wedding anniversary in June! Turns out their's is the same day as my husband's and mine.

martha miller said...

Hi Deborah!

Thankyou!
I was working on 22" x 30" paper that night - the portraits you see on the walls are bigger - 29" x 41"
I can't work small!!
(:^D)=(: . )>--------]

martha miller said...

Thanks, Brad! It did take alot of energy!! A real performance! Couldn't do it every day, but it was fun!

Dean Grey said...

What a cool event, Martha!

I would love to have been there!

-Dean

Susan Beauchemin said...

Wow! You had lots of portraits hanging! It all looks great! Talk about energy! Just to hang the art work, I'd be done! But then to draw and draw and draw again--large, with people all around--oh lord--I'd be hiding under a table somewhere--good going!

Susan Beauchemin said...

Oh and cool dress!--did she knit that!!

martha miller said...

Hi Dean!

It would have been very fun if you were there! You could have sat for me!

martha miller said...

H a ha, Sue! It was like I was on a tight rope - I had to tell myself, don't look down! (as in don't look at the people watching me draw - there was a big crowd watching me eventually!)