Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Recurring Dream

























I'm thinking that the quilt will actually be 2 curtains opened to reveal another layer - a large, very dark, almost black charcoal drawing (and I'm thinking that this will be a drawing of the wild wallpaper from my childhood home, and lots of flying hummingbirds...) upon the center of which will be attached a verticle chain of pregnant belly shapes made from sheer fabric that covers soft sculptured body parts. There will be 6 of these. Why 6? hmmm...I grew up in a family of 6...and I have a recurring dream in which I am pregnant and about to have my 6th child. And in the dream I'm always astounded, yet realize that this is my destiny...

2 comments:

artslice said...

This quilt project is looking so cool. What a dream of 6! Sounds beautiful.

Carol Anne Strange said...

Fantastic images, Martha, showing creativity in motion. I love the synchronicity with the number six.