Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Sun


The Sun came up in my Tarot reading this morning as my "challenge in what lies ahead." With the days getting shorter and the dark nights getting longer it certainly is a challenge to get enough light at this time of year. I try to get outside for a good walk every day and soak up what sun there is. I also enjoy staring at the fire in the wood stove and light candles at breakfast and dinner time. Eating warm colored vegetables seems to help as well - somehow ingesting cooked squash, carrots and pumpkin all work to produce that warm feeling of the sun internally. I also pay particularly close attention to the moon and the stars at this time of diminishing daylight. They are a powerful reminder that there can be light in the darkest of dark times. 
Have a good weekend, all!
 

No comments: