Thursday, March 20, 2008

Photolitho Lovers







Another photolitho assignment, this time I chose a Bull Moose Music brown paper bag to work with. Again I used photos of my parents from the 40's to create my final print. This print is called The Lovers. I replaced the generic heads from the bag with my parents' heads, and layered a map of RI and another pic of my parents in the background. I put my own little baby head in the upper left hand corner - as if I am looking down at earth before I was born, selecting the people I want for my parents - the ones who will "measure up!"

The Lovers, 2005
photolitho, 15" x 22". For Sale.

2 comments:

Susan Beauchemin said...

Oh wow! I didn't even see your post on camille's accordian! Guess we ARE on the same wave length. I love the old photos of Mom and Dad--I wonder if they were taken with the old voigtlander?

martha miller said...

probably, huh. wasn't that dad's first camera?