Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Noon Hour

The Noon Hour, etching
Isabel Bishop, 1935









While on my lunchbreak at work yesterday, I looked out the printshop window and saw this beautiful woman on the sidewalk below talking to her friends. It was 100+ degrees on the street, yet she looked so fresh and animated as she spoke that she practically danced as the hot wind blew her dress all about. She looked as though she'd stepped directly out of an Isabel Bishop painting, and indeed, I felt like I was channeling Isabel while observing her from my fourth floor perch.


(I actually know this woman - her name is Renee Johnson, and she is a professional model, an actress, and a dancer. Seeing her in her 30's inspired outfit on this record breaking scorcher of a day was like a cool breeze!)


No comments: