Monday, October 18, 2010

Catching Up






Here are some of the portraits I've been working on for the past month. There are a couple of them that I consider finished, but the rest still need work. These aren't the greatest shots - I took them on the fly last night in my studio after my Life Drawing class (not teaching, taking!! I'll post about that soon...) I'll have to rephotograph them in the daylight. These are all mixed media on Stonehenge, and are fairly large - 36" x 36." I'm using acrylics, charcoal, charcoal powder, India ink, and white pastels.

5 comments:

Brad Gailey said...

They're beautiful Martha. As alway I'm amazed at and envious of your energy.

Brad

martha miller said...

Thanks so much, Brad! Re: energy, I've always had alot. Channeling it appropriately is and has forever been a constant challenge! What creative pursuits have you been up to lately?

Kaitlyn said...

Mom, these are SO GREAT! They are stunning and beautiful. So powerful. I can't wait to see them in person. You are doing awesome things, keep it up!

martha miller said...

Thanks, Kaitlyn! xoxox

Dean Grey said...

I'm partial to the top and bottom two myself.

-Dean