Sunday, June 6, 2010

June Prayer

After yesterday's post, I want to focus on what to be grateful for, like the healthy flora and fauna around my home, and other things that bring me daily delight....

Like finding this beautiful Milk Snake...

A happy grandson with a golden bellied Ringnecked Snake...

Another happy grandson with a ghosty snakeskin...

A pregnant hummingbird on the telephone line...

Dirty feet...

A Lady Slipper...

A new corn and pumpkin patch...

The guardian of the patch...

The first rosa rugosa...

Early morning sun shining through beach glass...


Water, light, color, and shadows...

What are you grateful for today?

11 comments:

artslice said...

What a fabulous collection of photos! I'm grateful for the arrival of summer (almost) and all the flowers blooming and the farmer's markets popping up here and there.

TERI REES WANG said...

Y'all are pretty exotic out there...

Fat hummingbird on a wire
Feet roughed from the mire

Lady slipper righteous bloom
Slivering stripes for every room

KaHolly said...

Martha, I so enjoyed your post today. All of these things brighten my rainy weekend because they brought you delight! ~karen

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Thanks for giving us positive things to remember. I do love your photos. They are a prayer, as you say.

martha miller said...

Hi Brenda! yes, SUMMER! We have a great farmer's market right in downtown Bath. Garry and I are reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and are quite inspired to get more and more local in our food shopping!

martha miller said...

Teri: What a fabulous poet are you! Remarking the pink flower shoe! And my beat up old feet, that have trudged through the peet! Every word that you write is too true! (:*D)

martha miller said...

Hi Karen! Boy, did we ever get RAIN, huh? And today is a sparkling diamond!

martha miller said...

Hi Elizabeth! Thankyou! We do have so much to be grateful for. When I feel overwhelmed by larger problems, I try to remember that old hymn, "Brighten the corner where you are..."

molly said...

What a magnificent stream of photos. Screams summer, promise, all the right kinds of fun.

martha miller said...

thankyou, molly! happy summer!

Dean Grey said...

Eeek! Snakes!

I'm grateful for my blogging friends of course!

-Dean