Wednesday, May 19, 2010

All Souls

All Souls’ Day
Aladar Korosfoi-Kriesch

I found out yesterday that my upcoming show at Sanctuary Tattoo will be in November rather than September, and I am so pleased! My cousin Jon, who will be showing his photographs of family gravestones along with my drawings of our ancestors, pointed out that our exhibit opening will coincide with The Day of the Dead, or All Souls' Day, which is PERFECT considering our subject matter!!

(I'm also thrilled with the new date because it gives me more time to prepare! (:^D)

5 comments:

Susan Beauchemin said...

Wow--nice timing!!

martha miller said...

You'll have to fly back for this!!!

michaela said...

Martha --you could use marigolds to decorate the room because they say "Marigolds are another significant symbol for the Day of the Dead festivity, and are known as the "flower of the dead." Their scent is believed to "attract the souls and draw them back." Also have sugar skull molds you could borrow. I love day of the dead!

martha miller said...

I was thinking about your altar and those cool skulls that you made!!! Love the marigolds idea...

Dean Grey said...

Perfect timing, indeed!

-Dean