Monday, April 19, 2010

Feeling Blue(ish-Greenish...)

cartbeforethehorse

reflectionsbyds RockStoneTreasures

LiTelle



fleurfatale

Vantastic




littlebugjewelry


SpunSugarVintage

(The proof is in the aquapudding. See above a bunch of my Etsy favorites...)

An art colleague of mine has exclaimed to me not once, but twice, that I wear an awful lot of aqua. We ran into each other on the stairs at work last week and he suggested not so kiddingly that I "mix it up." I felt like I was on the set of one of those TV shows and slinked away feeling somewhat guilty about my aqualove, wondering if I'm starting to look more than a little bit like Rose from The Golden Girls...

Oh Dear God.

But I realize that this aquaddiction goes waaay back. Back to the days when I looked like this...


And listened to this...




9 comments:

TERI REES WANG said...

So the color theorist ask, "If teal speaks of possession, and this is your tell, what or who do feel the need to possess"?

..Your Self?
..Your Heart?
..Your Soul?
..Your...

Jo James said...

Nice picks! (I especially like that crazy bearded mermaid ;)
I'm in an aqua mood myself lately and find it popping up all over the place.

giardino said...

Thanks for featuring my Peacock Feather pillow!
I've always been a big fan of the blue/green color range, it's both peaceful and refreshing.

Febystan said...

Aqua is one of my favourite colors, so soothing & lovely...
Thanks for featuring "Little Moons" in your beautiful selection!

Vantastic Designs said...

Thank you Martha for including my felted scarf! Teal/tq is one of my favorite colors and your choices are lovely!

Brad Gailey said...

Thanks for the 'Aqualung' link. When my art has me 'feelin' like a dead duck, spitting out the pieces of my broken luck,' it's one of my favorites.

Brad

Katherine said...

Thanks so much for including me on your blog! Love all the blues!

Susan Beauchemin said...

Thanks for putting in my painting, Martha I love all the pictures you posted!! I tend toward a celery green--I've got it on right now!

Dean Grey said...

Look at you with your flowing blonde hair, Martha!

Personally, green is my most favorite color but the aqua blue-greens are an easy second!

-Dean