Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Strong Foundation









an outdoor workstation...

Andrew

Andy and Garry

Andy, Garry, and Brey - the foundation with three generations - my son, husband, and grandson...

temporary lodgings - the studio and trailor...

inside the studio...









My son Andrew and his wife Oceanna are building a house on some land that we gifted to them on our property in Woolwich. Andy and Ocea and their two sons have been living in our house for the past few years while they've been working on clearing the land, making the foundation and the 600 foot long driveway through the woods. Andy also built an outbuilding, a studio which stands next to the foundation, and he and Ocea, Brey, and Wyeth have moved into the studio and a camper to finish the framing of their house. A huge project!! My husband and I will be moving back to our house full time now, giving up our apartment in the city. I am glad of this move. It's been a long while since we had our house to ourselves, and I feel more deeply connected to nature and Spirit when I am at my home in the woods. I will keep my studio in Portland, though, where I feel most connected to the art community!

1 comment:

Susan Beauchemin said...

The house is looking good!