Saturday, June 6, 2009

More Progress...

My center panel as of two nights ago...







Then yesterday I took it down off the wall and worked on the floor, darkening and simplifying areas...I turned that teacup on my hip into a gravy boat, spilling red liquid (paint? blood? strawberry syrup? who knows?)

And I've started to add some collaged elements, echoing some of the images from the patchwork side panels. I'm packing the whole project up and taking it home to Woolwich to work on it there for 3 days. I have more elbow room at home! It will be interesting to see how it evolves once I'm out of the city and back in the woods...

Studio still life.

Artwork on display in the window of Creative Work Systems seen on my walk home from the studio Thursday night...

Isn't it the BEST?

Sigh...

Moon rising over Portland Thursday night, and here's a surreal little scene from another downtown window...it ain't over till the fat lady dances (except she ain't fat...)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Love what you're doing. Looking forward to more.

martha miller said...

thanks, elizabeth! it's coming along and changing alot - i'll post about it again soon, because i worked on it all weekend!