Friday, April 17, 2009

Facebook Faces, Part I







Meghan with Voice, 2005
pastel, 22" x 30"








Joseph McVetty III, 2004
charcoal pencil, 15" x 22"


Joe with Black Veil, 2004
lithograph with pastel, oil and charcoal, 22" x 32"


Joe with Ghost, 2005
latex house paint, pastel, colored pencil, and charcoal, 22" x 32"


Joe with Grandmother's Fire, 2005
latex house paint, pastel, colored pencil, and charcoal, 22" x 32"

Joe Standing, 2005
latex house paint, pastel, colored pencil, and charcoal, 22" x 30"






Molly Levine with her Grandmother's Onyx Brooch, 2006
pastel, oil, charcoal, and collage, 29" x 41"


Molly with The Star and The World, 2004
pastel, oil, and charcoal, 22" x 32"

A couple of months ago I started a Facebook page and it has given me the unusual opportunity to look at photographs of people who've sat for my portraits. I think it's interesting to see these photos with the portraits, so I asked permisssion from these folks to share their pictures here. This is fun for me to see, because I did not work from photographs to create these portraits, nor did I document the process, like I have with my most recent portraits. Here are the first three (this will have to be a series, because there are many!)

Meghan Yates, Joe McVetty, and Molly Levine all attended Maine College of Art with me.
Great Faces!!!

No comments: