Thursday, June 5, 2008

Angel Baby














I carved all day yesterday and printed last night. This is the middle segment of the three piece top panel for my diptych, Blackwork Lovers. So I carved, did some graphite rubbings as I went along (see 2nd pic) then inked and pulled a couple of proofs. I actually had to climb onto my table and lay myself flat over the print, because the paper had been on a roll and was curling! That worked!! I added a little angel dust to the last proof, aka glitter!

I'm spending altogether too much time alone in my studio...

6 comments:

Susan Beauchemin said...

Looks Good and fun! How nice to spend too much time ALONE in your studio!! I'm envious!

Rob S. said...

I agree with Susan - time alone in the studio for me is a vacation.

Hooray for angel babies! He looks much more beatific than, say, Titians mischievous little puttos (or is that putti?).

Since you asked, for the record, I have 1 girl and 2 boys: 10-year-old Kerry, 4-year-old Ian, and 1-year-old Kieran.

martha miller said...

I'm not complaining!!! I know that I am fortunate to have this time!

Sue, Rob: you are each making art WHILE still caring for children. Pat yourself on the back! It's so difficult! Been there and done it, and damn glad I'm not doing it now.

Rob S. said...

Ha, ha! Well said, Martha! And thanks -- it sure ain't easy.

Anonymous said...

I love the way this piece is coming out. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

martha miller said...

Thankyou, Painterofblue! I'll pop in again soon!