Monday, June 23, 2008

Safe Travel Over Water















Two of my cousin's children are getting married this summer and I am doing a couples portrait of each of them with their partner for their wedding gifts. This weekend I travelled down to the RI shore to start the first portrait. My cousin's daughter Elizabeth and her fiance, Zach, sat for about an hour and a half, enough time for me to get the groundwork done on their portrait. I will use these photos as references to complete the portrait in my studio. I plan to zoom in on Elizabeth's engagement ring, which Zach designed for her, and will also zoom in on Zach's necklace, which Elizabeth bought for him in New Zealand. I will also add the details of the fish design on Zach's shirt. I like the circle of two fish - it echos their intertwined hands...
Zach's necklace is a fishhook, and it symbolizes safe travel over water. I find this an apt wish for a couple that is about to embark upon the commitment of marriage!
Stay tuned for the finished portrait. I will be scheduling a sitting for my cousin's son and his fiance in August...

No comments: