Sunday, March 2, 2008

Alec












Several portraits of my fifth and youngest child, my son Alec. The first was done in 1989, our first winter in Woolwich, when Alec was five. Alec posed sitting in a small chair that was perched atop on old dresser in my studio in the barn. The second drawing was done when Alec was 13, and the third portrait was done when he was 21. (This last portrait is a sugarlift etching - these are three prints from the same plate - I will be posting more about this technique...)

The last pic is a photo of Alec with his cousin George, my sister Susan's youngest, in CA last Thanksgiving at a place known by the local surfers as Bird Shit Rock. Check out the three profiles!!

Alec lives in Long Beach, CA, where he works as a carpenter, building houses. I miss him.


Alec, Five, 1989
pastel, pencil and charcoal on Rives BFK, 22" x 30"
Lost in Studio Fire
Alec
pastel on Rives BFK, 15" x 22"
Not For Sale
Alec in My Studio, 2005
sugarlift intaglio prints, 22" x 30"
For Sale.

No comments: