Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Behind the Scenes...


Chris Shaw



Altared Self, 2007 - 2009 (detail)

Edwige Charlot with her portrait from 2006...



Melissa Smith. A day in the life of a gallery owner - she found the dreaded boot had been put on her car one day this week...gah...

I stenciled some lacey images on the wall to sort of mesh the room...







Writing down label info...



A wall of 20 portraits...

Self as Two Patchwork Panels, 2009

detail...

I've been busy setting up my show at Two Point Gallery all this week with Chris Shaw and Melissa Smith, the co-owners. It's looking good! Hope that those of you who live around here can come out for First Friday Artwalk tomorrow evening! The weather's supposed to be great, there's a full moon, and a ton of fabulous art happening around town!

10 comments:

Susan Beauchemin said...

Awsome!! I do so wish I could see this in person!! For all of you out there who are able to go----GO!! You have to stand in front of Martha's art----it packs a punch, a wonderful punch that you don't want to miss!!

Susan Beauchemin said...

whoops! Awesome Awesome Awesome
(I wish I could spell)

Chris Shaw said...

So awesome=)

Martha Miller said...

awe, (Thanks!) some!

Don Gray said...

These drawings are so fantastic. I love seeing the photos of them in a room with people, where I can get a sense of their scale. Have a great show!

Kori said...

Hoory! Peter and I will come by tonight and revisit our visages!

Congrats on another lovely show.

Martha Miller said...

thanks, don!

Martha Miller said...

oooh, great, kori! and i'd love to get pics of you both with your visages! see you tonight!

Brad Gailey said...

As always, beautiful. Hope you have a smashing Artwalk, Friday evening.

Brad

Martha Miller said...

thanks, brad!